What is Backflow? Backflow means the reversal of the flow of water or mixtures of water and other liquids, gases, or other substances into the distribution pipe of a public water system. Below are some frequently asked questions about Backflow.
- Does the City of Baytown require a certain backflow device?
- The type of backflow device installed will depend on the type of hazard present. The City of Baytown does not have a preference in make/model of the device.
- Where do we submit backflow reports?
- Licensed backflow prevention assembly testers (BPAT) are to submit all backflow reports for the City of Baytown.
- Where can I send paper copies of the test reports?
- The City of Baytown requires online submission of Backflow Prevention Assembly Test and Maintenance Reports. All testing information will be entered directly by the tester into the online system provided by Vepo, LLC. Testers will no longer be able to submit paper test reports directly to the city.
- Where can I find a list of backflow prevention assembly testers (BPAT’s)?
- View a list of testers currently registered with Vepo, LLC
- What is CSI?
- A Customer Service Inspection (CSI) is an examination of the private water distribution facility for the purpose of providing or denying water services for commercial properties.
- Who can conduct CSI Inspections?
- Any licensed plumber with a valid CSI license
- Plumber with a Water Supply Protection Specialist (WSPS) endorsement on their plumbing license.
- Plumbing inspectors licensed by the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners (TSBPE).
- What is the purpose of a CSI?
- The purpose of a CSI is to identify the presence of potential sources of contamination or illegal lead plumbing materials for commercial properties.
- Where do we submit CSI reports?
- Licensed CSI inspector is to submit all CSI reports to Vepo.
Note: Backflow prevention assemblies on fire protection sprinkler systems are required by the State Fire Marshal to be tested and/or repaired by a BPAT who is a full‐time employee of a fire protection sprinkler company that is licensed with the State Fire Marshal's Office.