- Public Safety
- Municipal Court
- How Do I?
- Virtual Court Appearance
Virtual Court is an alternative court appearance, pursuant to the Texas Judicial Branch’s Office of Court Administration, originally due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This process was designed as a way for individuals to discuss their case with the Judge and Prosecutor when circumstances prohibit to do so in-person. The Court process remains the same, whether the hearing is in-person or virtually, and every individual has the same rights and responsibilities. Cases will be set either in-person or virtually at the determination of the Court. If a virtual hearing is preferred, please complete the request form.
Process and Procedures for Zoom Virtual Court
- Download and open the Zoom Application on your mobile device, tablet, or desktop.
- Join the meeting by using the Meeting ID number provided by the court.
- Test your video and audio settings to ensure you can see and hear yourself. Your session will be broadcasted on YouTube Live as required by Office of Court Administration.
- Once you enter the virtual court room, a clerk will move you to a break out room to check-in your cases for the session. Please enable your audio settings to mute unless the clerk or host instructs you to unmute yourself.
- If you wish to speak to the Prosecutor about your case, you will remain in your breakout room to discuss your case. The Prosecutor will instruct you when it is time to leave the breakout room.
- The Judge will call your name when ready to accept your plea and render an order for your case(s).
- After speaking to the Judge you will be placed into an exit breakout room where a clerk will process your case(s).
Process and Procedures for Tyler Virtual Court
- You will receive a notice by email with a personalize link to access the session.
- You will be instructed to view a video with information to connect your audio and video devices. Be sure to test your video and audio settings to ensure you can see and hear yourself.
- While waiting to check-in, you will be asked to update your contact information and to upload any documents pertaining to your case.
- A clerk will admit you to the session to check your cases in. You will then either enter a waiting room or be moved to speak to the Prosecutor or Judge, depending on how you are handling your case.
- After speaking to the Judge you will be placed into a check out room where a clerk will process your case(s) and email paperwork to you.
- After the session, you will need to upload your signed agreement by accessing the link in your e-mail and uploading the document. This will be available for upload for a limited amount of time after the session.
Zoom Virtual Court Sessions
To appear for your Zoom Virtual Court Session, you will need access to Zoom. Below are guides to get started in Zoom based off the device you are using:
Tyler Virtual Court Sessions
To appear for your Tyler Virtual Court Session, you will need access to an internet browser with a stable internet connection. Below is information to get started:
- If your audio is not connecting, be sure you have enabled permission to your microphone. You may have to enable through your settings on your device if not prompted access. You may also change and test your devices by clicking on the settings icon on the top right hand corner of your screen.
- If your video is not connecting, be sure you have enabled permission to your camera. You may have to enable through your settings on your device if not prompted access. You may also change and test your devices by clicking on the settings icon on the top right hand corner of your screen.