Online Police Reporting
Qualifications & Process
If this is an emergency, please call 911.
Using this online citizen police reporting system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online reporting is right for you:
- Are you in immediate physical danger?
- Did the incident occur outside the city limits of Baytown?
- Do you have suspect information that should be promptly investigated?
- Do you need to speak with an officer?
- Is there physical evidence that needs to be collected?
- Is this an emergency or in-progress incident?
If you answered no to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. To ensure you don't encounter any problems while completing the online reporting process, make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before starting.
- All incidents reported online will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your incident is needed, you may be contacted for additional information.
- You must be able to provide a valid state-issued ID or Driver License number and a telephone number where you can be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
By using the Baytown Police Department's Online Citizen Reporting System you may report several different incident types. You can report the following incidents with the online reporting system. If the incident you are reporting has a known suspect, you should instead call us.