Start A Watch Group
- Recruit and Organize as many neighbors as possible
- It is wonderful that you are taking the steps to start a Neighborhood Watch group in your neighborhood. The first step is talking to your fellow neighbors about starting a group.
- Contact the Baytown Police Department and schedule a meeting
- The next step is contacting the Baytown Police Crime Prevention Unit. Invite them to meet with your group at a time and place convenient for your Watch Group. It is essential for your group to work in collaboration with law enforcement because Neighborhood Watch is a cooperative effort.
- Discuss community concerns and develop an action plan
- Discuss the concerns and issues in the neighborhood. Your group should create a plan on how to work towards lessening the impact of the top 3 concerns of neighbors.
- Create a communication plan
- Take Action: Hold Meetings and Events
- Neighborhood Watch Toolkit has a number of wonderful training topics and meeting ideas that can be useful to your group.
There are wonderful resources that you can use to guide you. Become a National Neighborhood Watch Member to gain access and Join Today!