2401 Market Street
Baytown, TX 77520
P.O. Box 424
Baytown, TX 77522
The City's Legal Department:
- Advises the City Council, BAWA, CCPD, FCPEMSD, MDD, PFC, City Manager and staff, and official boards and commissions on a wide-range of issues.
- Represents or manages the representation of the City, BAWA, CCPD, FCPEMSD, MDD and PFC in litigation and adversary proceedings.
- Serves as Prosecutor for all municipal court cases, including those involving offenses under the Texas Penal Code, the Texas Transportation Code, and the City’s Code of Ordinances.
- Provides oral and written opinions to the City Council, BAWA, MDD, CCPD, FCPEMSD, PFC, City Manager and staff.
- Drafts legal instruments such as ordinances, resolutions, contracts, and deeds.
The Legal Department cannot provide legal advice to private citizens on personal legal matters.